Friday, May 15, 2009

Tahlia Brookins Top Model contestant tells Tyra Banks she's pregnant


Tahlia Brookins Top Model contestant tells Tyra Banks she's pregnant. Tahlia Brookins, a former America's Next Top Model contestant, opened up to Tyra Banks about some unexpected news. The model, a burn victim who was told she could never have children -- is pregnant!

"I was told multiple times over and over that I couldn't get pregnant just from my scars holding me back, other physical things going on with my body," Brookins says on The Tyra Banks Show, airing Wednesday. "I was always told I was never going to be able to conceive children."

The 18-year-old Cycle 12 contestant -- who had suffered second- and third-degree burns all over her body when she was eight months old and has since endured 14 surgeries to treat her wounds -- was surprised by the news.

"My initial reaction to my pregnancy was shock," she says, adding that she and her boyfriend, David Michaels Jr., 18, had been going through a hard time.

"During the show David and I were together," she tells Banks. "Once I got home, he and I started having some complications. Shortly after that, we did break up because we both agreed that we had some stuff we needed to work on individually. So that is exactly what we are doing and still doing."

Michaels, who works at the local AMC movie theater in their hometown of Phoenix, is ready to be a parent, too.

"When I first found out I was surprised and excited at the same time because members of my family since the moment they saw me and Tahlia together have told me that they know we are going to be together and have a family together," he says. "And, yes we have complications we are working through right now, but I know we will be able to get through it as a couple because we both still are in love."

Brookins adds: "We support each other and our families support us. So now I'm just ecstatic."

To help her prepare for her new baby, Banks surprised the mom-to-be with baby gifts, including a stroller, onesies and baby blankets.

0 comments: