Saturday, July 25, 2009

Cristine Reyes with Body Talk


Cristine Reyes with Body Talk

What makes Cristine Reyes this year’s sexiest woman in the world (according to FHM magazine’s 2009 survey)?

Before we start to find out, let’s thresh out the issues first.

1. Did she really plan to move back from ABS-CBN to GMA (but she changed her mind when ABS-CBN made a counter-offer she couldn’t refuse)?

“It wasn’t really because tinapatan, although in my contract ABS-CBN has a right to match the offer of a third party. So kapag na-match nila ‘yon, I can’t move to another station. But if they can’t, then I can go.”

2. Did she bump heads with her co-stars in the ABS-CBN show Banana Split, specifically RR Enriquez (the Wowowee girl) because they were doing a spoof on the Katrina Halili-Hayden Kho sex video and it hurt Cristine because Katrina is her friend?

“Before I quit Banana Split, they knew na na gusto kong lumipat sa GMA. It just so happened that a misunderstanding cropped up kaya napaaga ang pag-alis ko sa show. I told them na ayoko na mag-taping even if my manager (Veronique del Rosario-Corpuz) and I didn’t tell management yet about our plan. But I can’t deny that there was a misunderstanding between (RR) and me.”

3. Did she really spread the rumor that a soap actor (no clue, please!) has bad breath?

“I won’t say where the rumor came from. All I can say is that I trust people easily, so I wouldn’t know kung ‘yung pinagkatiwalaan kong mga kaibigan ay kaibigan din ako. I have learned my lesson — don’t trust people too easily.” (Asked if the actor really has bad breath, Cristine begged off, “Ayoko na magsalita...”)

4. Why did she and Dennis Trillo consistently deny that they were “on,” only to admit that they really were after they broke up?

“There was no problem with me kung aaminin namin o hindi. Siya lang ang ayaw umamin. Basta ako, once it’s over, it’s over na talaga. Wala nang balikan.”

5. Is there any sibling rivalry between her and her Ate Ara (Mina)?

“As far as I’m concerned, none. I don’t know sa kanya.”

Anyway, besides acting, what keeps Cristine busy these days is her band. “Super fun,” she said, “I’m enjoying it.”

Cristine measures 34-25-35, evenly distributed in her 5’4” frame.

How did you prepare for the FHM “sexiest” selection?

“I didn’t really prepare for it. I learned that I was No. 1 a little late, so what I did was prepare for the show.”

What’s your regular diet? Are you able to take three square meals a day?

“Actually, more than three; sometimes six meals pa nga, eh, but small portions lang.”

What’s usually for breakfast?

“Whatever our maid prepares. I’m not choosy with food; hindi ako mapili. Whatever is there, I eat. Basta kino-control ko lang.”

For lunch?

“Rice with viand. As I said, I don’t deprive myself. If you do, if there’s a party or whatever, doon ka mati-tempt kumain ng marami. You pig out and it’s not good.”

For dinner?

“Usually, I’m out with friends, eating in restaurants. I order what I want to eat. Pero hindi ako mahilig sa steaks.”

Snacks?

“Sometimes, just a little ice-cream especially when I’m with my nephews and nieces. I’m not fond of sweets.”

Any food that you always crave?

“Seafood noodles.”

How much water do you take per day?

“D’yan ako mahina. But I’m forcing myself to take more, if not the required eight glasses. Honestly, I don’t like water because it’s tasteless; I prefer juice(s) kasi may lasa. I like orange juice, ‘yung Tropicana.”

Coffee or tea?

“Coffee with milk.”

Soda?

“No. As I said, hindi ako mahilig sa sweets.”

What vitamins do you take?

“I take Vitamin C kasi mahina ang immune system ko. It’s my doctor’s advice; 1,000 mgs. if I’m working and 500 mgs. if I’m not.”

Do you work out?

“Naku, d’yan ako patay. Not that I don’t have time, I’m just too lazy. Wala akong gana mag-work out, unless my friend pushes me into it. Like this morning, I was invited to join a fund-raising fun run at The Fort for Ilog Pasig. At first I was reluctant because madali nga akong mapagod due to lack of exercise. But then, I went at okey naman. Enjoy ako. If there’s a next time, I will join again.”

You look perfect enough from head to foot. Any part of your body that needs improvement?

“I’m happy with my body.”

What part is most vulnerable?

“My back. During a long ride na matagal akong nakaupo, my back aches.”

What part naman is your favorite?

“My legs. ‘Yon ang unang nano-notice sa akin ng mga tao, so siguro nga maganda. Mabuti na lang because mahilig din ako mag-shorts. Hehehehe!”

What part of a guy’s body do you notice first?

“The upper body...the part between the lower neck and the hips, especially his arms.”

What other qualities do you like in a guy?

“‘Yung fun to be with para may pag-uusapan kayo. ‘Yung natural lang, walang pretensions.”

And what turns you off?

“No. 1 ‘yung mayabang at nagpapa-impress. Hate ko ang ganoon.”

With your busy schedule, are you able to get enough sleep?

“Luckily, I sleep for seven hours per night. When I’m sobrang puyat, umaabot ng eight hours.”

Are you a light sleeper?

“If not too tired, I wake up even to the ringing of the cellphone.”

What’s the last thing that you do before you go to sleep?

“Turn off my laptop.”

And the first thing that you do when you wake up?

“Turn on my laptop and check my farm.”

Farm? I didn’t know you have a farm!

“Hindi naman talagang farm. It’s my favorite game, Farm.”

Favorite sleep wear?

“Whatever I’m comfortable in. Sometimes, pajamas; or manipis na shorts and sando.”

Do you snore?

“No, I don’t.”

Do you talk in your sleep?

“No, I don’t.”

Do you sleepwalk?

“I hope not! Hehehehe!”

How many pillows do you sleep with?

“Four. The pillows make me feel secure.”

Do you want the aircon turned on full blast?

“I put it on ‘timer’ kasi madali akong ginawin.”

How’s your love life?

“Zero pero masaya naman. Hahahaha!”

Nightlife?

“When I go out it’s always with my brothers. Mga bodyguards ko. Joke lang! And my friends. We would go to The Fort or hang around in a friend’s house. Nagko-computer, kwentuhan, sometimes nagluluto-luto.”

What’s your outlook in life? Are you an optimist or a worrier?

“Ay naku, sobrang worrier. Nobody supports me so I’m worried about the future. My motto is: Live life to the fullest. I don’t want to have regrets when I grow old.”

How do you cope with stress?

“Nagpapa-full-body massage and then I relax in the jacuzzi.”

How do you take care of your skin?

“I just take a bath every day.”

Any other beauty “secrets” you want to share with Funfare readers?

“Ayoko namang sabihing ‘Drink lots of water’ dahil ako nga, I don’t drink enough water, eh. Basta, take a bath every day and wash your face with soap and water. ‘Yon lang.”
Name three men you think have nice bodies.

“Chris Evans. Sobrang patay na patay ako sa kanya. David Beckham. Mukhang hot siya, di ba? Hehehehehe! And Chad Michael Murray.”

And three women...

“Megan Fox (Only No. 2 on the FHM Philippines’ 100 Sexiest but No. 1 in FHM international’s list. — RFL). Sobrang hot siya sa Transformers. Siempre hindi mawawala si Angelina Jolie; malakas ang appeal niya sa akin. And Lindsay Lohan.”

Using only body language, how would a guy know that you admire him?

“Ay, huwag na lang; mabubuko ako! Pero, sige na nga. I just keep quiet. Deadma style.”

0 comments: