Monday, June 29, 2009

Jason Abalos with Body Talk

Jason Abalos with Body Talk. That aptly describes Jason Abalos, 23, who has remained a probinsyano at heart even if he has been in showbiz for five years now, launched as a member of the ABS-CBN Talent Center’s Star Circle Quest Batch 2.

“I haven’t totally gotten adjusted to showbiz life or even city life,” confessed Jason who is so painfully shy that he shrinks (but doesn’t show it) in showbiz functions.

“At first,” added Jason, “all I wanted was to finish college and work, that’s why I took up Electrical Engineering at the Nueva Ecija University of Arts & Trade. But I reached only third year because I joined showbiz. When I was new, I found it hard to catch up with my contemporaries and I almost quit. I wasn’t sure if what I was doing was right. Madalas nga ako pagalitan ng direktor, eh. It became a challenge. My father said, ‘Don’t quit; magtiyaga ka lang dyan’.”

In so short a time, Jason is slowly but surely establishing himself as a substantial actor, shining not so much in mainstream films (All About Love, First Day High, I Wanna Be Happy, White Lady and My Kuya’s Wedding) as he does in indie films (Endo, Rock ‘n’ Roll, Motorcycle and Handumanan) and soaps (Vietnam Rose, Ysabella, Dyosa, Eva Fonda, Pieta and now Kambal sa Uma).


He’s also a popular endorser for, among other products, Aficionado Perfume, Cotton Club and Jewels (which has just released a new line of apparel for men of all ages, available along with clothes for women, in Tiendesitas, Tutuban Centermall, Robinsons Novaliches, Robinsons Sta. Rosa and SM Malls).

But he has learned how to shrug off tsismis, such as the one about him being the boy toy of rich gays.

“If you react, you will sound defensive, so I simply ignore them.”

Any, uh, indecent proposal?

“I get some, may mga nagti-text and I simply tell them, ‘Hindi po, pasensya na po.’ I don’t go for biglaang pera; mako-konsensya ako. Every cent that I get I really work hard for. Sanay kami sa simpleng buhay sa Nueva Ecija; hindi naman talaga ako naghahangad ng malaki talaga. My father is a hard-working engineer and my mother is a simple housewife, nag-aalaga ng mga apo. As I’ve said, I’m still a probinsyano.”

A Capricorn (Jan. 14, 1986), Jason stands 5’10”; weighs 160 lbs.; and wears medium-sized briefs and shirts, and size-10 (leather) and size 11 (rubber) shoes.

With your busy schedule, you seem to be good in time management.

“It’s Star Magic which takes care of my schedule.”

Do you manage to take three square meals a day...on time?

“I try to. The truth is that I take four meals a day, with midnight snacks pa. When I’m free, I wake up at around lunchtime. I eat and then go back to sleep. I wake up late at night and eat again.”

What’s usually for breakfast when you take one?

“Fried rice with fried danggit given to me by my Cebuano friends.”

What food do you avoid?

“None. I eat anything; more of vegetables. Since I was a kid, my favorite is ampalaya, ‘yung ginigisa sa itlog.”

For snacks?

“Chichiria. Or a piece of apple. I also like manggang hilaw and pineapple, ‘yung maaasim.”

What vitamins do you take?

“Multivitamins, calcium, vitamin C and vitamin E.”

How much water do you take per day?

“Three liters.”

What about soda?

“Not much. Nakakalaki ng tiyan, eh. Iced tea, yes.”

Hard drinks?

“Beer lang.”

Do you smoke?

“No, I don’t.”

Do you have time to work out?

“I lift weights at home. I play basketball and soccer. If I have time, I work out at a gym near our house.”

What part of your body needs improvement?

“Ay, marami! My abs, my chest and my arms.”

What part naman is most vulnerable?

“My stomach, kasi nga I eat anything. Siguro, in one year twice ako napo-food poison. Matakaw kasi ako, eh. Hehehehe!”

And what part is your favorite?

“My eyes. Nangungusap daw, sabi nila.”

What part of a girl’s body do you notice first?

“Her nose. I don’t know why but even when I’m talking to a girl, sa ilong niya ako nakatingin, not at her eyes. I think I will marry a girl na may matangos na ilong.”

What else turns you on?

“She must be tall.”

What naman turns you off?

“‘Yung masama ang ugali. I think ang hinahanap ko ‘yung katulad ng ugali ni Mama. She’s kind and understanding, very loving. And very considerate. Di ba almost all men ay may kalokohan? My dad isn’t an exception. Hehehehe! But Mama understood. Noong bata pa ako hindi ko naiintindihan ‘yon. But that was before Papa went to work in Ethiopia. He’s an engineer and his group is building a dam there.”

How much sleep do you get per night?

“Not the regular eight hours. I wake up early. Even if I go home at seven and sleep soon after, I still wake up at around 10 a.m. The most that I get is six hours per night. I make up for it by taking naps.”

Favorite sleep wear?

“Shorts and loose T-shirt. I sleep with the aircon turned on full blast.”

Are you a pillow person?

“Yes. I sleep with five pillows. Three long ones and two big ones. I feel secure with the pillows all over me.”

Do you snore?

“No, I don’t.”

Do you talk in your sleep?

“How would I know? Hehehehe!”

Do you sleepwalk?

“No, I don’t.”

What’s the last thing that you do before you sleep?

“Nag-a-apply ng kung anu-ano sa face ko. Moisturizers, ganoon. And oils to prevent pimples.”

And the first thing that you do when you wake up?

“Go back to sleep at hintaying tumunog ang alarm clock.”

How do you cope with stress?

“I don’t get a massage because it puts me to sleep. In that case, it‘s hard to get back your energy. What I do is make tambay at the UP campus where I sometimes bike. That’s my favorite hideaway, very near my house.”

What’s your favorite city?

“I’ve been to Tokyo and Paris. Yes, I love Paris. It’s very romantic; bawat kanto magandang kunan ng picture. Sarap makipag-date doon!”

Did you go on a date with a French girl?

“No. We were there for the showing of Endo. I was with Ina Feleo (his leading lady; daughter of Laurice Guillen and Johnny Delgado).”

Do you have a night life?

“Every now and then, when I get invited to parties.”

Love life?

“Hmmmmm....”

Sex life?

“Hmmmmm....”

What’s your outlook in life?

“I’m a worrier. I worry about many things...about my future. Acting is not a stable job. Today, you have work; tomorrow, none. That’s why I’m kuripot. I spend wisely. Matipid ako, eh. That’s why for relaxation, I just go to UP. Walang gastos.”

Name three men you think have nice bodies.

“Piolo Pascual. Derek Ramsay. Brad Pitt.”

And three women...

“Cristine Reyes. Kristine Hermosa. Rhian Ramos.”

Who among the three is your crush?

“Si Rhian Ramos. She’s sexy.”

Using only body language, how would you make a girl know that you admire her?

“I just look at her. When she looks back, I look away. If I look again and she keeps on looking back, maybe that’s when I will approach her and say ‘Hi!’”

Sources: rickylo

0 comments: