Monday, April 27, 2009

Cheyenne Woods, the niece of Tiger Woods, is poised to follow her uncle's footsteps (with Video)



Cheyenne Woods
, the niece of Tiger Woods (with Video). Cheyenne Woods, the niece of Tiger Woods, is poised to follow in her uncle’s footsteps. The 18-year-old, a freshman on the highly ranked Wake Forest women’s golf team, played her first tournament by age 8.


“I think I first started and continued to play golf because right around the time I started, Tiger had just turned pro and won the Masters and all of that,” she says. “Seeing him on TV really made me want to keep going out and playing and trying to be like him.”

Cheyenne is not oblivious to the pressure that comes with the name. “I try to set myself aside from the Tiger Woods name and just make a name for myself,” she says. “So I guess that’s my goal now.”

Cheyenne played at Xavier College Preperatory High School in Arizona, winning back-to-back Arizona 5A State Championships in 2006 and 2007, and was a two-time regional champion. She was named the most valuable player three times by her high school golf teammates, and was named the 2007 Arizona High School Golfer of the Year by the Arizona Republic.

Once she graduates from Wake Forest, Woods wants to play professionally.

Watch this Cheyenne Woods Video:




0 comments: